Hiring kit: Multimedia designer
- Originally Published:
- Jul 2018
The multimedia designer is a necessary hire for companies seeking a vital online and mobile presence. But finding the best candidates requires evaluating a wide range of skills—including a strong design background and expertise in a variety of web-based tools for animation, design, and video production. This hiring kit includes a job description, sample interview questions, and a basic want ad to help you narrow the field.
From the job description:
Multimedia designers are responsible for the “look” of a company’s website or app. From graphics to animation to creating a user-friendly interface, the designer will be expected to develop the online presence that consumers will see and interact with. The designer should be able to use a variety of tools such as Dreamweaver and InDesign to turn sketches into working online designs. In addition, they will need to conduct and participate in planning meetings, interact with marketing and design teams, and research consumer needs. They may also have to set up usability testing. Leading a team, communicating with senior management and other stakeholders, and being innovative and creative are key skills.
The multimedia designer will:
- Oversee the development of the design of the online product, app, or website.
- Be able to communicate directly and efficiently with senior management, explaining project progress, setbacks, and potential solutions.
- Set a project timeline and work with various stakeholders and team members to keep the product development on schedule.
- Work with data sets and other research tools to ascertain consumer needs.
- Be able to innovate and approach problems creatively.
- Lead a team to develop the product in some cases.
Already a member? Log in here