Not a Tech Pro Research member? Sign up for a Free Trial and get access to this content and more for one week.
Hiring kit: IT finance manager/budget director
- Originally Published:
- Oct 2017
The IT finance manager/budget director position requires a unique skill set that mixes finance and accounting skills with IT experience and knowledge. This hiring kit contains a job description, sample interview questions, and a basic want ad to help you find the best candidates for this challenging position.
From the kit:
The IT finance manager/budget director will work with a team of professionals to develop, analyze, forecast, and report on the IT component of the overall financial business plan. The successful candidate may also be responsible for IT procurement, vendor management, and enterprise application development budgetary functions. Communication skills effective across all levels in the organization will be essential.
Duties and responsibilities
The IT finance manager/budget director will:
- Manage the timely completion of the month-end financial close process. Prepare financial analysis, performance reports, and meaningful business-driven commentary in support of the overall business plan.
- Manage the timely completion of all forecasting cycles, including strategic business plans, annual budget, and required outlook reports.
- Continually improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues affecting their budgets.
- Stay up to date with industry and financial trends and provide recommendations to strategically enhance operational processes, business development, and financial performance.
- Drive strategic planning and forecasting processes for facility investments, solicit input from stakeholders, and help drive prioritization and implementation across investments.
- Develop financial models to analyze major projects and complete ad-hoc analysis as requested by business leaders.
- Monitor expenses and purchase orders, initiate cost-reduction programs for new materials and machinery, and manage building contracts.
- Provide system support for tax and accounting compliance both statutory and US GAAP.
Already a member? Log in here