Not a Tech Pro Research member? Sign up for a Free Trial and get access to this content and more for one week.
Hiring kit: Business information analyst
- Originally Published:
- Jun 2018
The business information analyst plays a key role in evaluating and proposing upgrades and efficiencies to the company’s IT systems. This hiring kit includes a job description, sample interview questions, and a basic want ad to help your organization zero in on the best candidates for this position.
From the job description:
Business information analysts help identify customer requirements and recommend ways to address them. They engage in IT projects from development to testing and work with stakeholders to understand operational and transactional issues and to develop solutions. They work with the company’s IT department to identify areas in which improvements can be made through efficiencies and reduction in waste, and they perform data analysis to aid in this mission. Analysts also write project reports for senior management and handle other analytical and watchdog tasks as needed.
The business information analyst:
- Gathers, documents, and analyzes information about the company’s needs and requirements.
- Proposes upgrades and solutions to any problems that exist.
- Works with the IT team to implement agreed-upon business improvements and efficiencies.
- Maintains a laser focus on meeting deadlines by establishing periodic benchmarks.
- Provides detailed written reports on project progress and any roadblocks encountered.
- Engages in IT-oriented projects to improve operations in areas such as finance and accounting and marketing.
- Stays on top of the latest technological developments and assesses their possible use in solutions for any business needs.
Already a member? Log in here