Organizations, regardless of size, should have a IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan. This plan helps to create policies that address critical elements and processes that should be considered and implemented before a crisis occurs. The plan provides a roadmap organizations can follow to implement sound disaster recovery and business continuity processes. It's aimed at the IT department, and requires cooperation, coordination, and support from the organization's executive staff to properly design, implement, and maintain an effective disaster and business continuity plan. The plan is designed to achieve goals such as:
- Ensuring the organization's executives understand the need for a written disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Defining the systems and data the organization must protect
- Ensuring compliance with any industry data archiving guidelines and/or requirements
- Determining how the organization will back up and protect data from loss
- Determining how and where the organization will recover operations should a crisis occur
- Defining which individuals, departments, or teams are responsible for which disaster planning tasks
- Other Download
- 650 KB
- Apr 2012
- Tech Pro Research
- Disaster Recovery
Not a Tech Pro Research member?
Sign up for a Free Trial and get access
to Tech Pro Research for one week.